The goal of the Kalida Fish and Game is to promote the conservation and restoration of natural resources and the environment. We are a non-profit organization established in 1966. At the very beginning meetings were held above the post office in Kalida. It became clear that Kalida Fish and Game needed it's own building. So in June 1988 a clubhouse was built on St. Rt. 694.
Our property features a 200 yard gun range with targets at 25yd, 50yd, 100yd and 200yd. We also have 3 fishing ponds that are stocked full of fish natural to our region. Fish must be 11 inches to keep and no gas motors or swimming is permitted in the ponds.
Our on-site rental hall is very large and can be rented for your family gathering, graduation party or reception of any kind. Please CLICK HERE to download the clubhouse rental agreement.
In August of 2011 a large addition was built on the back of the clubhouse. It offers a covered patio with plenty of picnic tables, perfectly situated to enjoy the outdoor scenery. The Kalida Fish and Game currently owns 117 acres and has 500 members.
Early Bird Winners - March 1, 2020 - Congratulations!
Buyers - Jeff Hermiller, Rodney Schroeder, Robbie Forks, RonZenz, Pat Trentman
Sellers - Steve Smith, Robert Warnecke, Jim Eickholt, Shawn Giesige
Money for the Early Bird winners will be distributed on day of Extravaganza or mailed if winner isn't present.
Here's the latest announcement regarding the Gun Extravaganza scheduled for August 22, 2020.
This communication is to notify you that the Kalida Fish and Game Gun Extravaganza scheduled for Saturday August 22, 2020 will be held as scheduled. In collaboration with the Putnam County Health Department the event can be held by following the guidelines noted below. Putnam County is currently under a Level 2 Public Health Emergency according to the Ohio Public Health Advisory System. As long as the County stays at this level the in-person event can go forward with restrictions. These restrictions were put in place to help facilitate the social distancing requirements put forth by the State. If the County’s level changes and increases to a Level 3, the in-person event will have to be canceled and the event will be held virtually on-line. Please follow the clubs Facebook page and website for any future updates to this event.
If you plan on attending this event please follow the Social Distancing measures put in place by the Governor of Ohio. Please be considerate to others in attendance!
- When entering the event grounds please use either of the two bridges that crosses Deer Creek from the parking area. There will be no check-in area to help with social distancing measures.
- There will be no large tent area this year to congregate under, so you are welcome to bring small pop-up tents that are no larger than 12’x12’ to help keep you out of the elements. There will also be NO seating provided by the club so please bring your own lawn chairs to relax in. Remember to practice social distancing of at least 6’ apart and no single groups greater than 10 individuals. Please do not assemble into large groups!
- The Club was not granted a liquor permit for this event so there will be no sales of any beverages at this event. There will be no beer/pop/water sold at this event. You are welcome to bring your coolers into the event with your favorite beverages. NO GLASS BOTTLES ALLOWED!
- The Club was not granted a food permit for this event so there will be no food provided by the club this year for the event. You are welcome to bring your own food/snacks into the event if you wish (no bbq grills). The club is trying to line up a few licensed food trucks to attend this event so you have the opportunity to purchase food throughout the day, although this is not a guarantee at this time.
- There will be no kid activities at this event this year. If you bring a child please keep them with you and do not allow them to wonder the grounds or gather with other children.
- Entertainment/MC throughout the day will be provided by the band “Trophy Husbands”.
- There will be a 50/50 drawing and additional gun raffles throughout the day.
Here's the latest information if you need to purchase or turn-in sold/unsold tickets.
The Kalida Fish and Game Gun Extravaganza scheduled for Saturday August 22, 2020 will be held as scheduled. If you need to purchase or turn in sold/unsold tickets please do so at the following places during the designated time frames. It would be appreciated to get them turned in as early as possible so we can practice social distancing the day of the event to reduce the potential for lines to turn in tickets.
- Regular club membership meeting on Wednesday August 12, 2020 at the club building located at 16415 St. Rt. 694 Ottawa, Ohio from 7pm – 10 pm.
- Buckeye Custom Fab located at 15751 Rd. 19 Ft. Jennings, Ohio during regular business hours.
- Cherry’s Outdoor World located at 5393 St. Rt. 224 Ottawa, Ohio during regular business hours.
- At the club building located at 16415 St. Rt. 694 Ottawa, Ohio the week prior to the Gun Extravaganza from Monday – Friday August 17 – 21, 2020 from 6pm – 8pm.
- The day of the Gun Extravaganza at the club building located at 16415 St. Rt. 694 Ottawa, Ohio from 10am – noon.
Kalida Fish and Game Executive Committee
Kalida Fish and Game Gun Extravaganza Committee
To help at any of our events, please call 419-532-3782.